I watched as the little boy plopped onto a nearby sofa chair. Happily, he opened his Spiderman comic, and immediately appeared focused into it. It felt like everything went quiet, watching the boy read his comic. The silence was serene, and at the same comfortable. I smiled at that.
I watched for a while, until the silence started to tingle my skin. From my pocket I took out my Ipod, and put the white earphones into my ears. The music covered the silence as the first song played. It started with no instruments, surprisingly Chinese. Soothing, calm and peaceful. The next song was "On Fire", by Switchfoot, and then "Can I stay here Forever" by Starfield. The song drew to a close.
Then I opened my eyes, and realized where I was, and that I actually drifted off to sleep. I rubbed my eyes, and looked up to the little boy. For some reason, the next song reminded me so much of him. It was only a few lines...
"To see the Lord, the promised Land. Wherein all sins, pearly gates look bland. And what was once a pearl, now sand. That blows away.. that blows away, in light of Him."
The little boy's innocence made my own mistakes clear.
I looked to the end of store, and I saw a bunch of people there. Some of them had faces that looked very familiar, but most of them were people that I have never seen before. The little boy looked as well, but to my surprise he also closed his comic book and got up. He started to walk to this group of people, with his little steps. I heard his funny clothes rustle as he walked, as if the bookstore became silent for him. He joined this group of people, and they walked off. It was a shock that such a small child would join such a large group of people that he didn't know. I decided to follow them, for the sake of the child. But there were familiar faces! I knew some of these people! Why would they take such a small child and lead him to a place he does not know? Maybe I am doubting them. Either way, I felt insecure. Every moment that passed made me think that I was very much like the boy. The four songs tingled in my head.
Now I felt annoyance that the boy left with a bunch of strangers. Sighing in displeasure, I followed him to make sure he would be safe.
(that made no sense.. what's up with that? who IS this boy?!)
2 comments:
soooooooo ? what happened after?
you have an iPod? o_0
i don't have an ipod.. when did i say i had an ipod.
it's a story! doesn't mean it's true.
but all of this sounds so familiar.. hmm...
Post a Comment