Sunday, March 18, 2007

something is radically wrong...

an excerpt from "the ragamuffin gospel", by brennan manning

"Life takes on a joyless, empty quality. We begin to resemble the leading character in Eugene O'Neill's play The Great God Brown:

'Why am I afraid to dance, I who love music and rhythm and grace and song and laughter? Why am I afraid to live, I who love life and the beauty of flesh and the living colours of the earth and sky and sea? Why am I afraid to love, I who love love?'

Something is radically wrong.
Our huffing and puffing to impress God, our scrambling for brownie points, our thrashing about trying to fix ourselves while hiding our pettiness and wallowing in guilt are NAUSEATING to God and are a FLAT DENIAL OF THE GOSPEL OF GRACE."

... this hit me like an absolute truck.. there's so much more in this book, and i've only read like 10 pages, i would end up typing out the entire thing.

2 comments:

PlayerWon said...

thatsa pretty pwnage book

Anonymous said...

whoa, that book has some pretty bold and harsh things to say. IIIII like it