brokenness behind a man striving for perfection, stories told of the inevitable need for redemption.
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
i wonder whether the quality of my character is dependent on my surroundings.
is it silly that my usefulness, power and effectiveness can be changed only by changing my surroundings, and not by changing myself from the inside?
1 comment:
Anonymous
said...
Surroundings certainly affect how we respond to situations... but doesn't necessarily affect our core character. I think that being in diff settings really affects us a lot- ie. When I lived on my own I consistently did certain good habits, but now that I am back home I am lazy in those habits, maybe because it's done for me already, like laundry. Maybe the way for character to be more consistent/quality is related to how disciplined we are to maintain character, despite change of setting. Maybe that's when we know character is true, solid.
1 comment:
Surroundings certainly affect how we respond to situations... but doesn't necessarily affect our core character. I think that being in diff settings really affects us a lot- ie. When I lived on my own I consistently did certain good habits, but now that I am back home I am lazy in those habits, maybe because it's done for me already, like laundry.
Maybe the way for character to be more consistent/quality is related to how disciplined we are to maintain character, despite change of setting. Maybe that's when we know character is true, solid.
Post a Comment